Monday, August 08, 2011

Pretty much my thoughts exactly - " We Downgraded Ourselves"

Most of the time I don’t put opinion pieces up on Facebook. I keep saying you can't get a decent point across on Facebook so my viewpoints about current news events often end up on my blog.I don’t have all answers and I often have more questions than opinions. I try to live knowing that institutions are inherently broken and oddly I have to live in peace with that notion while having a bit of commonsense about when to speak up; talk to me if that doesn’t make sense.


 At this moment I think CNN and Time magazine's contributor Fareed Zakaria in his piece, "We've Downgraded Ourselves", is very correct in his assessment of the economic situation concerning US debt, our elected officials wrangling over the matter, and the resulting credit downgrade by S&P. You can read or view the video at this link below.  I think he justifiably puts the blame to our crisis not in just one camp.  

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/07/fareeds-take-weve-downgraded-ourselves/?hpt=hp_bn2



No comments: